Saturday, February 9, 2013

Even When It's Cold Outside, Our Memories Keep Us Warm

Yesterday, most of Ontario got "walloped" with approximately 30cm of snow. It started around 630am and didn't stop until after we had gone to bed. Our board cancelled school
- the kids had their very first snow day. We had a blast playing in the snow, something we haven't really seen too much of over the past few years.

They had named the storm "Winter Storm Nemo" - when I was looking for pictures for this post - I came across this Nemo pic and had a little giggle. So cute.

As many of you know, I have NO like for Winter. I dislike being cold. I don't enjoy the snow...especially driving in it. But one thing I do love about winter (ssshh...don't tell Tim that there is something I enjoy about winter LOL).....is playing with the kids...toboganning, etc.
Today, while Tim was at a basketball tournament, I took the kids over to the school where there is a pretty decent hill where the kids can toboggan. Despite the hill being pretty bumpy as the snow was not really packed down yet, they had a blast.

We are so lucky to have a great hill right around the corner. Backing onto Bronte Creek, the scenery is beautiful, the kids have a blast...that is until they can no longer climb up the hill.
So, as I type, we are all snuggled under blankets, watching a movie - my most favourite Winter activity...Ev is drifting off beside me. The perfect end to a winter afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment