Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1, 2012 - Newest Addiction


Years ago, I was on a popular social networking site called MYSPACE...soon FACEBOOK was introduced and I received invites which I declined saying I didn't want another site that I would be addicted to. I caved soon after and didn't realize the time I would spend lurking people's walls and photo albums, updating my own page and statuses...just wasting time, when I could be doing other things. And then came....
In case you have not been introduced to this amazing site - "It is a pinboard-style social photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies and more. Users can browse other pinboards for inspiration, 're-pin' images to their own collections and or 'like' photos" Wikepedia

I have spent countless hours browsing the different categories creating my own boards of things I like - Such as clothing, recipes, crafts, and home decor ideas. I have found some wonderful new recipes and have created some neat craft items - such as the birthday wreath and ceramic tile coaster I blogged about previously. I also use it as a piece of motivation - to dream big and to work a little harder.

Yes, I admit, I've been swept up by the hype of Pinterest, but it is a really amazing site. I can search for a certain topic and have hundreds of items show up with the website where I can find more information about that recipe or fashion item, etc.


If you haven't had a chance to check out Pinterest and would like an invite - let me know and I'll send you one. Believe me, you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment