Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wild Rose Herbal Detox = Preparation

A few weeks ago, Dh's trainer at the gym suggested he try a cleanse - and suggested the Wild Rose Herbal Detox. Wild Rose Herbal Detox is a kit used for a 12- day internal cleansing program created by Dr. Terry Willard, PhD, as we are all exposed to pollutants daily in the air, water and food that we consume. These pollutants can accumulate in the body and cause symptoms like lethargy and migraines. Wild Rose Herbal Detox is a regimen that can help eliminate these toxins from your body.

We researched the program and felt that we could do this together. I was on board as I thought if it could help me lose a bit of the weight I have gained as well as help us incorporate some more healthy eating habits...then why not?

The kit comes with 2 types of herbs and a laxative that you are to take 2 pills at breakfast and 2 pills at dinner...as well as a bottle of drops that you are to take 30 drops in the morning. There is quite an extensive meal plan - list of food that you are able to eat. There are quite a lot of great foods you can eat...lots of veggies and fruit - with limited meat intake...and NO dairy. Oh man, I'm going to miss my yogurt.

Today, DH and I followed the meal plan to prepare ourselves for the start tomorrow. The diet portion wasn't too bad to follow - although I was very tempted by the kid's leftover hot dogs at lunch...and the few diet cokes in the fridge staring at me.

So, tomorrow we start...and I must admit I'm a bit nervous...the laxatives scare the hell out of me. I am worried that we will be in and out of the bathroom all day - and what if we are out? OH EM GEEEE! Some reviews have mentioned explosive diarrhea along with irritability and lethargy. We'll see how it goes. It does say that if you experience abdominal pain to continue the program without the laxatives. So...we'll see.

Anyway - will try and update as much as I can - I'm hoping for a daily update on how great or horrible it is. I'm really hoping for some positive benefits. A bit of weight loss...a change in mood...more energy would be great.
Cross your fingers for me, peeps!
'Later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it :-) I m looking forward desperately for the next post of yours..
    wild rose herbal detox

    ReplyDelete