Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year....A New Me!

My friend Gayle sent this to me today....

'Twas the week after Christmas and all through the house,
Nothing would fit me not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number,
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared,
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared.
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese,
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt,
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt.
I said to myself, as I only can,
"You can't spend the whole winter disguised as a man!"
So away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished,
Till all the additional ounces I've put on have vanished.
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore,
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!


The past 3 weeks, weight wise has been horrible...although I have had a wonderful holiday, enjoying many tasty treats and drinks, I am sad to say I have gained about 5.5 lbs UGH! I know it is my own fault, no will power over the holidays...The new Weight Watchers slogan is "It's a New Day!"...and it's a new year...and I'm ready to get to a "new me!"

So, starting tomorrow - I am going to track every BLT (bite, lick or taste), drink lots of water and get back to exercising. And hopefully soon, I'll get back to where I was at....and then finally get to goal. It's further away now...but I can see it....and I will get there!

1 comment: