Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Night with the Ladies...and One Smokin Hot Cowboy


Last night, my Mom, my Mother-in-Law and my great friend, Kelly boarded the Go Train and headed into Toronto...we had a date with a super hot cowboy...Tim McGraw! Kelly, Mom and I have seen Tim perform once before - when he was here with Faith Hill in June 2007 - we were so excited to see his Southern Voice tour.

When we got there, they weren't letting anyone in to The Molson Amphitheatre so we had a bite to eat at the Voodoo Garden in Ontario Place where we found out why they weren't admitting concert-goers yet...Tim McGraw was hosting a private performace right next to our patio - we could hear him singing and talking to the guests...and then saw him scoot away on a golf car (I was surprised by his attire...jeans and a striped polo shirt...Tim McGraw wears striped polo shirts? I didn't expect that)

We came in during the opening act Love And Theft - I had never heard of them, but they were pretty good. I didn't get any pictures of them, but you can kind of see them on stage behind Kelly and I. At this time, we were just excited to have box seats with our own waitress - and excited to spend such a fun evening together.

Next up, Lady Antebellum - I really like them and was excited to see them perform live. They were fantastic...and so easy to look at - Charles Kelley is pretty hot himself. It was fun to see one of my favourite songs, Need You Now, sung live. At one point, Tim McGraw and his crew came out on stage during their set in their underwear and started exercising on stage - Charles Kelly said " I think we've been punked" - it was pretty funny.

And now for our main squeeze, Tim McGraw. Man, he was fantastic...he put on an amazing show. He sung many of his older hits as well as a lot of new songs from his Southern Voice CD - he sure didn't disappoint his fans. We had such an amazing time - it was so great to get out my my Mama's and best gal - we laughed a ton and really enjoyed our time together. So glad you all could join me =D And the funny line from the night, walking towards the bridge that takes us back to the Ex, a lady says to us "Tonight everyone's husband is Tim McGraw" LOL And I replied "At least I won't have any issues when I scream out his name" Maybe too much to say in front of my Mom and DH's Mom - but man, it was hilarious!

An amazing night with some amazing ladies...and one SMOKIN HOT cowboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment